Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Shining Trapezohedron


The first word in the quote I used below is I. This picture is the last result Google Images gave me when I searched for I.

The last word in the quote I used above is ribs.



Those ribs don't look great, because it's a bad picture, but I'm sure they were really tasty. Or maybe they are still really tasty? I have been led to understand that in the postmodern view the passage of time is irrelevant, so do these ribs, though I'm sure they've been long since eaten, have some kind of eternal existence in the ether?

That picture was the first result, though, for symmetry (first word-last result, last word-first result). Curiously, the man photographed in the first picture almost undoubtedly possesses his own set of ribs--perhaps more than one, if he likes to barbecue.

No comments: